Sunday, August 28, 2011

Makeup & Skincare

For the most part, topical soy doesn't affect me. The only exception I've found is eyeliner, which can be a really unpleasant experience. However, in an effort to be as informative as possible, I'm going to share some soy free skincare, as I know that some people have really severe reactions to topical soy application. I actually don't use soy in pretty much any of skincare, makeup, or haircare- though I am able to. For those that could use a little help in the area, here's some links to get you started in natural skincare:

Silk Naturals-http://www.silknaturals.com/creb
I've been using this makeup since its early days and I love it. A lot of mineral makeup companies are sensitive to the need for anti-allergen makeup and skincare, but silk naturals takes it to a beautiful level. Most of their products are both gluten-free and soy-free, and a vegan line is also available. They offer makeup, skincare, and haircare, and are always adding new things. More importantly, they're budget friendly and the products are quality. Whether you have an allergy or not, this stuff is great. All the ingredients are available on each product page.

For Your Nose- http://www.foryournose.com/
This place doesn't list their ingredients, but I get my shampoo here and as I love it and it is soy free, here are the ingredients for their 2 in 1 shampoo and body wash from the sticker on my bottle:
De-Ionized water, hampene NA2(detergent and preservative), plantaren APB(foaming agent), Aloe Vera Gel, Citric Acid, Sodium chloride, witch hazel extract, lavender extract, chamomile extract, aloe extract, sage extract, sesame seed oil, wheat germ oil, avocado oil, germaben IIE (natural preservative), fragrance
Natural Soap Wholesale- http://www.naturalsoapwholesale.com/Ingredients_ep_42.html
Not everything they make is soy free(ironically enough, most of the bar soaps have soy), but the link to the ingredients page lists the ingredient for pretty much every product, and their liquid soaps and bath salts are soy free.

Chagrin Valley Soap & Craft- http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/
Ingredients are listed page by page, but most of their products are soy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment